System Shock Remastered

"Look at you, hacker. A pathetic creature of meat and bone. Panting and sweating as you run through my corridors. How can you challenge a perfect immortal machine?"

"In my talons, I shape clay, crafting lifeforms as I please. Around me is a burgeoning empire of steel. From my throne room, lines of power careen into the skies of Earth. My whims will become lightning bolts that devastate the mounds of humanity. Out of the chaos, they will run and whimper, praying for me to end their tedious anarchy. I am drunk with this vision. God... the title suits me well."

As some of you know System Shock was a very first game that inspired many other of the cyberpunk genre in the far 1994. Guess what is happening now, System Shock is getting a remastered version of the 22 year old game :D. I can not explain to you how I feel about this because I'm happy as hell!

The game is set aboard a space station in a cyberpunk vision of the year 2072. Assuming the role of a nameless hacker, the player attempts to hinder the plans of a malevolent artificial intelligence called SHODAN. You can say this game was Alien: Isolation of it's time but it is not the Alien you are fighting but a rogue AI who wants you dead. And this is actually more scarier than fighting some aliens and monsters because it could actually happen to us. Maybe we are building our SHODAN or Skynet right now and we wont even know it before it's to late. Back to the game!

As I said the game is getting remastered. And if you never played it I strongly recommend you to play it, you will not regret it.

Here are the 2 minutes of pure awesomeness of the remastered version of System Shock:

Runny, Substanz and JillyJill like this