CS:GO Rank Update - my thoughts

So I don't play CS:GO as often as the average player does. I only play at weekends, so I am not fully prepared whilst playing, compared to someone who plays & practices every night after school.

When they rolled out the updated rank system, like everyone I lost a bunch of games & deranked a couple of times, thinking that this whole thing would eventually iron itself out mainly down to the millions of people that play this game. I hoped that we would see a 'general' 'skill pattern' emerge from this huge amount of players - just like every other change in the past.

But no. I dropped 5 ranks (if this happened before the changes - I would be the biggest fish you could imagine in that pond of low rank noobs). However, I frequently get matched against people that have 1000 - 2000 hours on the game (600 myself) & they are clearly far superior to me. It's just not fun being outmatched 90% of the time, the only reason I play is to make videos - I can't make big plays against people who have an absurd amount of hours & experience lol, it's just not possible.

The developers have broken something that didn't need fixing. Hopefully I can get back to high scores against people who deserve to play against me ;)

Azeri likes this

ziwdnie.png

I went from nova 4 to nova 1, even though I don't even have 100+ hours. I was doing pretty well at GN4, few time last on my team. After the rank update I've dropped to GN1 and I play almost every time with silver teammates.

I could never imagine before how bad players can be in silver, but a lot of them don't even know basic things. On the other hand, there are a few nice players, and probably will rank up soon.

All the update did to my gaming experience is adding noob players on my team D: (And sometimes on the enemy side, but since they are silver, the outcome is unpredictable)

ps.: lot of Russian guys who don't even talk English, but keep yelling, when I'm the only one alive. It's the definition of hell.

sum: It's easy to drop down to silver from here, but pretty hard to progress, because of missing team chemistry 

Doge likes this

Click image for steam profile

http://i.imgur.com/JHif3CC.gif

I went from nova 4 to nova 1, even though I don't even have 100+ hours. I was doing pretty well at GN4, few time last on my team. After the rank update I've dropped to GN1 and I play almost every time with silver teammates.

I could never imagine before how bad players can be in silver, but a lot of them don't even know basic things. On the other hand, there are a few nice players, and probably will rank up soon.

All the update did to my gaming experience is adding noob players on my team D: (And sometimes on the enemy side, but since they are silver, the outcome is unpredictable)

ps.: lot of Russian guys who don't even talk English, but keep yelling, when I'm the only one alive. It's the definition of hell.

sum: It's easy to drop down to silver from here, but pretty hard to progress, because of missing team chemistry 

Yes! I missed the part about playing as a team. It has gotten a lot worse too, more toxic players & people who don't understand. I remember when it took me months to get out of Silver. Must have been 250 - 300 just to get out of silver no joke. @Acea helped me get out when we had a 5 man team - it was still really tough then too!

Azeri likes this

ziwdnie.png