Need For Speed Review

http://i65.tinypic.com/dr2lpu.jpg

The Need For Speed series has always been something of a chameleon. At various points, it's been a police chase simulator, a realistic track racer, and even a Cannonball Run-style action movie on wheels. This latest Need For Speed follows in the footsteps of the first Fast and Furious film by exploring the white-knuckled world of illegal street racing. While it's not a completely novel approach for the series (Underground covered tuner car culture over a decade ago), it does open a few new avenues for Need For Speed's arcadey but nuanced style of racing--most notably in its progression and customization systems.

At one point during my playthrough, however, I hit a wall. Metaphorically. I'd been building my stock Subaru into an unstoppable tuner beast for nearly 15 hours at that point, but for whatever reason, I just could not get past the most recently unlocked story missions. I tried and retried until I finally decided to grind through smaller side events to earn some "rep" and cash. This extra currency, I hoped, might let me upgrade my way to victory. I did eventually conquer those missions, and in the process I learned two extremely valuable lessons: Using a single "balanced" ride for both drift and race events is a terrible idea at higher levels, and despite all of the frustrating nonsense Need For Speed put me through, I was always excited to dive back in.

More Info:

http://www.gamespot.com/reviews/need-for-speed-review/1900-6416300/

Puddingsbane, Finny and Substanz like this

3bJEvRZ.png