TF2: How to record demo and add server to favorites

Since Team Fortress 2 servers are back to nN's life and we will have events on this game, I would like to show how to record demo and add server to the list of favourites.

Demo

• Recording

1. While in-game, open the console by pressing ~ on your keyboard.

2. Type the command: record (without /)

Example: record test

3. When you want to stop recording, type the next command: stop (without /)

• Locating your demo

1. Open your steam client in the "Library" section. Find Team Fortress 2 and right click on the name. In the window select "Properties" at the bottom:

s1WOlhB.png

2. Select the section "Local files" and click on "Browse local files".

101jUK0.png

3. All your demos will be in the folder called "tf" (the path will look something like this ...\Steam\steamapps\common\Team Fortress 2\tf)

BFJVYJf.png

IyPEHza.png

• More commands related to demo

Other useful commands are:

playdemo - watch demo

stopdemo - stop watching demo

You can find the full list here: https://wiki.teamfortress.com/wiki/Help:Recording_demos

Adding server to favourites

• Steam

1. Launch steam client. On the left top corner find secton "View" and from the dropped menu select "Servers".

eaCUzQZ.png

2. In the window you can click "Add a server" and paste here IP adress of the server. From this list you can select necessary server and connect.

dejGZFW.png

• In-game

1. Launch the game. On the top right cotner click "Find game" button.

NWQvoxD.jpg

2. From this list select "Community servers".

bLhCsoW.jpg

3. In this window you can add server and connect.

Gvb3tmz.jpg

hrgSXhi.png

Update: troubleshooting

If you experienced issue with console, try this solution and let us know if it works for you.

1. Open your steam client in the "Library" section. Find Team Fortress 2 and right click on the name. In the window select "Properties" at the bottom:

s1WOlhB.png

2. Click on "Set launch options".

K6MiuQs.png

3. In the little window type the command -console and click ok.

sKG4k59.png

• The console should appear as soon as you launch the game and it looks like this:

bCo72Cy.png

• You can also check in-game if console is enabled. Go to "Options" and click on "Advanced...".

m4T9u6Z.png

• It's worth to check also which key do you have for enabling console.

hz2zu6N.png

Substanz and Roohansama like this

hrgSXhi.png

I experienced the console closing immediately closing after opening it with ~ on CS:GO and TF2.

Pressing a special character such as the apostrophe ( ' ) would keep the console open for me and allow me to type ...

I made a little search, there is some info on steam about it:

Every time I bring down the console and start typing, the console disappears. How can I fix this?

This problem is caused by the language setting of your Windows Operating System. European, German and French/Canadian users (among others) are affected by this for the most part.

If you are using a non-American English keyboard setting then you will need to either reset your keyboard to be United States English or you will need to bind your console key to a different character then the default "~" key.

They provide few solutions here https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=4154-RPGK-6259

hrgSXhi.png

• JillyJill changed the title to TF2: How to record demo and add server to favorites