Future new PC

Probably I'll buy a new pc in a few months and this is something I want more or less, a medium-high range pc, what do you think about it? What do you think I should change or buy?

P.s: I already have a hdd of 500gb, that's enough for me

https://www.pccomponentes.com/configurador/18BdA6F43

Thanks for your time ^^

Scrappydoo likes this

mWULEXM.png

DM me here or in twitter @TheRauXx if you need anything :D

500w power supply with 80+ will be fine. More watts isn't equal to more stability and power consumption. The PSU achieves the best efficiency in about 70-80% of it's total power. You can easily verify my words by looking 80+ cetificate rating. With your setup you shouldn't reach more than 400w in normal gaming, so 500w is good choice for me. Also I'm wondering about pairing i5-8400 with gtx 1070ti. CPU might work really hard, especially in CPU games. And no HDD for storage?

Substanz and TheRauXx like this

500w power supply with 80+ will be fine. More watts isn't equal to more stability and power consumption. The PSU achieves the best efficiency in about 70-80% of it's total power. You can easily verify my words by looking 80+ cetificate rating. With your setup you shouldn't reach more than 400w in normal gaming, so 500w is good choice for me. Also I'm wondering about pairing i5-8400 with gtx 1070ti. CPU might work really hard, especially in CPU games. And no HDD for storage?

About the cpu it's true that won't be enough I think, and about the hdd I said I already have one of 500Gb (enough for me) of another pc and if it doesn't work I'll just go to a computer store and buy a 1 tb's one instead of a 500, it's a good excuse xD

Mrozy likes this

mWULEXM.png

DM me here or in twitter @TheRauXx if you need anything :D

• 2 weeks later...

If I may jump in the discussion. I know this thread is here for a while, still I would like to show you what I think would be a better system overall considering price to performance ratio.

Here's what I've come up with: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/x4MMyX

EDIT: You could go with a 300 series motherboard and a pinnacle ridge chip to cut some corners and save some money but then you would need to update the BIOS in order for that CPU to work on it.

This would cost you roughly around 870€ in total, give or take.

Substanz likes this