Rules in other languages.

This is russian version of nN|Rules, if this could be usefull:

Правила CoD4:

Правило #0: Запрещено иÑпользование Читов/Скриптов/Скинов/Скроллфайер(Ñтрельба прокруткой колеÑика мыши)/Багов/Фишек/РаÑпрыжек (кроме CJ и DR)

Правило #1: Запрещено проÑвление РаÑизма в любых формах, а также обÑуждение Политики или Религии

Правило #2: Запрещено оÑкорбительное или унизительное общение или никнеймы

Правило #3: Запрещено Ñпорить Ñ Ð°Ð´Ð¼Ð¸Ð½Ð¸Ñтраторами или оÑкорбительно веÑти ÑÐµÐ±Ñ Ð² отношении других игроков

Правило #4: Запрещена Реклама, Спам, набор в Ñвою команду, Ñайт или на Ñервер

Правило #5: Запрещено злоупотреблÑÑ‚ÑŒ КемперÑтвом(игра на одной точке) или Спавнкиллом(убийÑтво Ñразу поÑле воÑкрешениÑ)

Правило #6: Игроки должны выполнÑÑ‚ÑŒ оÑновную задачу игры и поддерживать Ñвою команду

Правило #7: Запрещено воровÑтво тега nN

Mrozy, CaphallO, Badass and 2 others like this

logo5.png

We are explorers in this life... each of us.

I think that would make an excellent idea.

EDIT:
I don't think the server supports all foreign characters, so this is only for the forum

I believe we are IG english only (by preference) so maybe a few references in foreign languages can be made to our forum where the full rules in those languages are displayed.

Scrappydoo likes this

I don't think the server supports all foreign characters, so this is only for the forum

I am not sure, but, for example russian characters have weird displaying only at non-russian clients - I am on my russian clients have correct view of cyrillic characters, so maybe it may work for current language versions...

logo5.png

But still I don't think it's a good idea to start adding multiple languages in-game. Since it will fully crowd the text display area. It's probably better to say 1 setence in 2 or 3 different languages with a suggestion to go to our forum
Maybe it can be done with a command, but i wont suggest having it standard in the text display area

maybe there is a way to set the rules command to display the  language  you use based on IP?  as I noticed it tells the country of every joining player

so that if  !rules is used  every player gets the text in their own language ?

Nomad, Brasil_66 and Mrozy like this
Reasoning will never make a Man correct an ill Opinion, which by Reasoning he never acquired

maybe there is a way to set the rules command to display the  language  you use based on IP?  as I noticed it tells the country of every joining player

so that if  !rules is used  every player gets the text in their own language ?

It could work, if some people haven't used VPN. But maybe command may have parameters, for example "!rules" without any parameters - as default, English; "!rules ru" - for russian and so on. But idk if that worth it...

CaphallO likes this

logo5.png

Someone can tell me the reason of using vpn in games, except bypassing the ban? I don't get it  :hmm:

Display the language based on IP is best idea for me. Everyone knows about !rules existence, but not everyone about !rules [lang]. Can be both options tho.

Recently I asked Subs to put geoip file (from March I guess) for welcome messages and multi-language on Deathrun, so It's possible to do something like that

Someone can tell me the reason of using vpn in games, except bypassing the ban? I don't get it  :hmm:

Display the language based on IP is best idea for me. Everyone knows about !rules existence, but not everyone about !rules [lang]. Can be both options tho.

Recently I asked Subs to put geoip file (from March I guess) for welcome messages and multi-language on Deathrun, so It's possible to do something like that

Many reasons, I am using VPN, half of time, when I am using my laptop because some websites are blocked in my country (and I am regulary not turning it off) and I know that many people in my country doing same. And of course there could be many other reasons of using it, and people will get some weird symbols instead of server rules.

And yes, I don't know real amount of VPN users, but saying from my front of view.

If someone think that I am talking of smth stupid - just say, my words may be mistake.

logo5.png

• 1 year later...