Hello nN

kinda off topic;

I use 2,3 softwares on my laptop for designing stuff ; Render(sketchup,Layout),Photoshop,CAD

So while i use em' laptop gets so freeze in time interval, can use anything else on sideways(not even browser properly)

Graphic spec -: 960Gtx

RAM -: 8gb

Cant figure whats the problem, 960gtx should be enough for graphic control and 8gb ram enough to work smoothly

and do multi-task. Doesn't it? 

If not please help me sort it.

Please openly comment/discuss on to help me out.

Thanks

nN

XaZLI7a.png?1

sound like cpu overheating, check your CPU temperature, usually in laptop they run hotter and can freeze (because they don't have giant heat pipe or fan..they just have blower style fan..if its temperature  problem use external laptop cooler to reduce cpu heat

I have 8gb of ram with integrated graphic card ((CPu graphic)) and i can run autocad 2017 revit MEP,REVit..and other program same time with no problem at all...

Lucifier and Puddingsbane like this

Human beings are members of a whole

In creation of one essence and soul

If one member is afflicted with pain

Other members uneasy will remain

If you have no sympathy for human pain

The name of human you cannot retain

its

i7-6700HQ 

[email protected] (8 CPUs)

That's poor I guess,yes?

Not poor at all, still get's beaten by a good ol haswell but it's not poor. with 4 cores and 8 threads running with boost at 3.5ghz it should do fine so i think your problem is in cooling that beast. run a few stress tests simultaneously to simulate your work load on it, watch the temps and see if it thermal throttles

Lucifier likes this
@@Lucifier: Most of those software are core usage eater, more there are, more they will be used.

If you're not pressed by the time, i suggest you to reduce the amount of threads used by each software (if possible in options).

Yes laptop aren't so good in cooling but you can fix this issue by following my proposition, only allow the half part of your thread's amount for encoding processus, so in your case 4 threads. Check if it's better and suits you.

I'm using also a 6700hq and C4D which is clearly ressources eager but modulable and setable.

Ps: if one of your software doesn't allow you to reduce ressources usage, you can set windows (task manager) to reduce the allocated ressources to "low" directly on the name of the software's processus.

Let us know ♥

Bartolo likes this
 Gm3eMuy.pngsub-darkmessiah.GIF

@@Lucifier: Most of those software are core usage eater, more there are, more they will be used.

If you're not pressed by the time, i suggest you to reduce the amount of threads used by each software (if possible in options).

Yes laptop aren't so good in cooling but you can fix this issue by following my proposition, only allow the half part of your thread's amount for encoding processus, so in your case 4 threads. Check if it's better and suits you.

I'm using also a 6700hq and C4D which is clearly ressources eager but modulable and setable.

Ps: if one of your software doesn't allow you to reduce ressources usage, you can set windows (task manager) to reduce the allocated ressources to "low" directly on the name of the software's processus.

Let us know ♥

Hey subzz â™¥

Sorry for late one, didn't get time to be available (uni's pressure)

Thanks so much, didn't knew much about those terms; "thread" so will try to reduce those (if I'm able to and if I know how to,xD)

We'll let you very soon^^

Thanks again, also to PudPud :D

nN♥♥♥

XaZLI7a.png?1

• 3 weeks later...

In other words disable hyper threading

Disabling HT you will half your maximun number of simultaneos operation...

Sub tips is reducing the number of thred(so the number of simultaneous operation that cpu can elaborate) for each program.

Program 1 will use 4 thread

program 2 will use 2 thread

program 3 will usw 2 thread

In this case all programs are running at a low speed but are running toghether with no overlapping problem.

We can say that Lucifer should split his calculating power between his programs and don't let programs  get all the power that them want ^^

Lucifier likes this

Hey subzz â™¥

Sorry for late one, didn't get time to be available (uni's pressure)

Thanks so much, didn't knew much about those terms; "thread" so will try to reduce those (if I'm able to and if I know how to,xD)

We'll let you very soon^^

Thanks again, also to PudPud :D

nN♥♥♥

Your cpu has 4 core and HT so it had 8 thread.

1 core with 2 thread can do 2 simultaneously operation with half of the resources of course but 2 operation.

If you are running 15-20 simultaneously operation and you can elaborate maxium 8 at time  you will have freeze ^^

Lucifier likes this