Laptop for uni

Hellu,

my old laptop isn't good enough anymore to keep up with my studies. 5 mins to boot and 10 minutes to run programs which should take less than a minute.

In a nutshell, I need a new laptop.

I do not need a dedicated graphics card but a good CPU (good i5 or i7) and minimum 8 gb of ram.(ssd if possible) I looked on mutiple sites but there are way too many and I do not know anything about laptops.

The main purpose is working for uni. I am programming mostly.

My budget is 1000+ euros (max 1300).

Hope you can help me.

I just upgraded my dell inspirion 17r with a ssd. Dont need a huge GPU either, 1.9 sec bios time, boots in 5 seconds. 

My little sister has a ASUS zenbook, which is rather small, but has no dedicated GPU. So it's both light and fast. Specially with the m.2 ssd's these days. Would pick a laptop/ zenbook with a ssd.

Seen some of those but the screen looks really cheap in real life

Screen has excellent viewing angles. My friend has one and it's just a joy for your eyes.

I just upgraded my dell inspirion 17r with a ssd. Dont need a huge GPU either, 1.9 sec bios time, boots in 5 seconds. 

My little sister has a ASUS zenbook, which is rather small, but has no dedicated GPU. So it's both light and fast. Specially with the m.2 ssd's these days. Would pick a laptop/ zenbook with a ssd.

Zenbook is pretty good as well.

Thanks for your comments guys.

The XPS 13 is a bit too expensive for me and let's not talk about macbook because it's wayyyyy too expensive.

So there is an asus zenbook with i7-7500U,16 gb of ram, SSD  512 GB , M.2,  QHD+ screen 3200x1800 13" for 1300 euros.

Or a Dell inspiron 15 5000 with i7-8550U,16 gb of ram, SSD SATA 512 GB, 1920x1080 FULL HD 15.6" for  1100 euros. Better CPU, bigger screen and 2 in 1 but worse SSD and screen quality :( The reviews I've seen on internet agree that the screen is shit which ins't good for a laptop :/

Bartolo likes this

Thanks for your comments guys.

The XPS 13 is a bit too expensive for me and let's not talk about macbook because it's wayyyyy too expensive.

So there is an asus zenbook with i7-7500U,16 gb of ram, SSD  512 GB , M.2,  QHD+ screen 3200x1800 13" for 1300 euros.

Or a Dell inspiron 15 5000 with i7-8550U,16 gb of ram, SSD SATA 512 GB, 1920x1080 FULL HD 15.6" for  1100 euros. Better CPU, bigger screen and 2 in 1 but worse SSD and screen quality :( The reviews I've seen on internet agree that the screen is shit which ins't good for a laptop :/

1080p is good enough if u are not a graphic designer...intel 8550 is better than 7500 and you eill not appreciate differences between sata ssd and m2ssd...they are both very very fast