New PC is on its way

With the budget I have at my disposal I made a list of hardware specs for a new system that I plan to make.

Some things are not certain yet and I'm having second thoughts but it's the money that will decide what will go in it.

GPU: ASUS GeForce Dual - GTX 1060 6GB RAM GDDR5

post-1654-0-15911100-1496092284.jpg

MOBO: MSI H-110M PRO-D

post-1654-0-28760900-1496092287.jpg

CPU: Intel Core i7 - 6700K, 4 cores - 8 threads 4.0 GHz base, 4.20 GHz turbo

-COOLER: Coolermaster Hyper 212 EVO, 2x 120mm fan

-OR  i7 - 7700K, 4 cores - 8 threads 4.20 GHz base, 4.50 GHz turbo

RAM: 8GB DDR4 2133 MHz Kingstone HyperX memory

PSU: (Still looking for one for a reasonable price, in doubt between 550W - 700W)

HDD/SSD: Seagate SSHD FireCuda Guardian 2.5" 2TB

___________________________________________________________________________________

That's it for now, I'm still looking for a monitor and maybe some other stuff that I currently don't have on my mind.

Will keep you updated.

Drop a comment on what you think about it and what would you change. :)

Lucifier, Tino, MAD eKs and 3 others like this

Sweet build Pud, I like the diversity in brands ^^ I do have some recommendations:For the processor i'd say go with the i5 6600k(or the 7600k) with a 1070 or even 1080 graphics card, unless you plan on using this system for something else other than gaming too. I'm using the 6700k and it's brilliant, but probably overkill since I mostly only game on this rig. For PSU I highly recommend: https://ca.pcpartpicker.com/product/qYTrxr/evga-power-supply-220g20550y1 OR if you want a bit more power(which isn't a big diff in price), the 650w version: https://ca.pcpartpicker.com/product/9q4NnQ/evga-power-supply-220g20650y1 I actually use the 550w one :) Monitor(Which I also use): https://ca.pcpartpicker.com/product/rkphP6/asus-monitor-vg248qe Now the monitor might be a bit pricey, you can find it around the price range of 200-380$(In Canada, probably cheaper elsewhere) but let me tell you this: This monitor was probably my best decision out of the whole build. 144 refresh rate with a 1920x1080 display. In the review section of this monitor you'll find quite a few people claiming it's a good monitor but has bad colors out of the box, but that was not true in my case. Mine came out of the box, plug and forget. Love it.I pretty much used PCpartpicker to build my system and find the cheapest prices. I also did read a lot of reviews on and off the website with extensive research as it was my first time building a pc. :D I have played pretty much any game on ultra with ease so far. Of course I got help from here too, especially Subs so if you need to know anything, he's definitely the one you want to be talking to!I was satisfied and it was such a good feeling of success and an achievement of a lifetime after completing the rig haha.Holla at me if you have any questions :) 

Puddingsbane likes this

:banana: 

Deal with it. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Thanks for the tips man :)

But here's the problem:

ASUS monitor that you mentioned little over 400€, 1070 and 1080 over 600€.

That's too big of a price for me here, and as for motherboard, cooler, 2x 120mm fans and i7 6700K i got in contact with my friend and he is willing to give me all that for little over 300€, he is going for AMD Ryzen 1600X so he needs the money and I need a new rig. The EVGA PSU I'm deffinitely gonna look if they have it around where I live because that's something i was looking for (thanks for that by the way, 550W will suffice I hope), plus that 140mm fan is a big plus.

Bennoo likes this

Thanks for the tips man :)

But here's the problem:

ASUS monitor that you mentioned little over 400€, 1070 and 1080 over 600€.

That's too big of a price for me here, and as for motherboard, cooler, 2x 120mm fans and i7 6700K i got in contact with my friend and he is willing to give me all that for little over 300€, he is going for AMD Ryzen 1600X so he needs the money and I need a new rig. The EVGA PSU I'm deffinitely gonna look if they have it around where I live because that's something i was looking for (thanks for that by the way, 550W will suffice I hope), plus that 140mm fan is a big plus.

Yeah prices are so different, in the USA, they're super cheap compared to here :( By the way, once you know what you're getting, just build a concept pc on pcpartpicker and it will tell you how much watts it will consume. :) I believe mine was around 325w or so, but that's when it's idle so it goes up if you work on it therefore make sure you have more than what it says you use. 

Okay, let's take a look! :)

GPU; I guess you're aiming for a budget gpu. Regarded as the best mid end/budget gpu as of now. Released to counter the AMD's RX480 and does its job more than fine. It's relatively new so you'll probably get a good value out of it, though if possible I would go for a 1070 or better if you can manage.

Mobo; As long as the rest of the parts are supported by the mobo, it shouldn't matter too much which one you'll get. I'd say go for one of the more affordable ones that is compatible with the other parts if you haven't already. This one is fine if you're set on it though.

CPU; Tough choice to be honest. Both are great cpu's! If I were you though, I'd probably go with the 7700K because again it's newer and has slightly better specs. However if you think cooling will be an issue, you might want to add a cooler and cut back down on some other part or go for the 6600K + cooler, as a cool 6600K will most likely outperform an overheating 7700K anyway. The choice is yours.

RAM; It's just ram. Shouldn't really matter a whole lot. Kingstone is fine. 2133Mhz is the slowest for DDR4 so you might want to look for high end DDR3 @2133Mhz and possibly save some money by doing so. Granted, the technology behind DDR4 offers lower latency and power consumption than DDR3 but at 2133Mhz the difference between the two is almost non existent. I bet you won't be able to notice. I'd say either go for a pretty higher clocked DDR4 or look for DDR3 @2133Mhz (you'll probably find it cheaper than DDR4 and the result would be pretty identical).

PSU; Well, I wouldn't look for a psu before I was 100% certain of the parts I'd want to use so you can be sure how many watt you need of course. Just make sure to get a 80 plus rated psu (80 plus at least is in my opinion a must) from a reputable company and you should be more than okay. Don't try to cut back on the psu because I can tell you from personal experience that having a system completely fried because of the psu (mine was a faulty model) is no fun. :(

HDD/SSD; Honestly, I'm not a fan of hybrids. For me, they're not worth it nowadays that SSD's are so cheap so I can't justify their cost. Would consider getting a hybrid only if I couldn't run a HDD + SSD combo. I'd rather get a nice, high rpm HDD and a small SSD for the os/antivirus/other app that always run on background. HDD's have a considerably longer lifespan usually than SSD's/Hybrid's too. The part you've selected looks fine though and should make a good addition if you do decide to go with it.

For a monitor, I'd for sure get a nice 144hz display such as; Asus vg248qe and BenQ xl2411z. Or a gorgeous 1440p IPS display like this one; Acer g257hu. As for mouse, if you're mostly playing fps games and generally games that require precision and accuracy on your clicks, then the Zowie mice with their superb sensor will look very appealing to you. For a keyboard, well, personally, I'm a die hard fan of the mechanical keyboards. If you're interested in that, the Corsair K70 (non RGB) is very well priced for what it offers and is generally considered to be one of the best mech boards ever designed. Cherry MX brown/black are probably the ones you want look for.

If you need any more opinions or suggestions, feel free to ask! :)

if you want a decent but relatively cheap full atx mobo instead of your uATX you can also go with asus's prime b250 plus . But not sure if it allows you to OC your cpu.I am going to select it for a friends computer tho :)

SSD choice:

Mushkin Reactor 240 or 480 GB (100-170€)

Mushkin Striker 240 or 480 gb (dont know prices, not available currently in NL)

Samsung 850 EVO or Pro always good choice, but certainly the Pro somewhat more expensive

CaphallO likes this

maybe you should consider going for 16gb of ram. depends on the games you are going to play

i can highly recommend the Asus VG24QE 144Hz  its a bit exspensive tho

Bennoo likes this
Reasoning will never make a Man correct an ill Opinion, which by Reasoning he never acquired

RAM would not be a problem if I did this last year, especially DDR4. But now it's expensive as hell and this is currently the best I can do for now and it will be enough. Ofc I'll go for 16 gigs in near future but money talks and money ain't happy, plus the mobo is locked at 2133 MHz so that's where it is.

For a keyboard, well, personally, I'm a die hard fan of the mechanical keyboards. If you're interested in that, the Corsair K70 (non RGB) is very well priced for what it offers and is generally considered to be one of the best mech boards ever designed. Cherry MX brown/black are probably the ones you want look for.

I can vouch for this. I own a K70 Lux with Cherry MX red switches, but it's a little too loud for me. I'd say brown switches would be the best choice for both gaming and convenience. I don't like the black switches too though. :D 

I can vouch for this. I own a K70 Lux with Cherry MX red switches, but it's a little too loud for me. I'd say brown switches would be the best choice for both gaming and convenience. I don't like the black switches too though. :D 

For peripherals I need a mouse and nothing else. My good ol Logitech keyboard serves me just fine, when the time for a change comes I will  buy another.

Mouse is a Genius X-G510, pretty solid, didn't fail me not once, good little thing but he will have to go because I'm aiming at G502 proteus spectrum.

Bennoo likes this

For peripherals I need a mouse and nothing else. My good ol Logitech keyboard serves me just fine, when the time for a change comes I will  buy another.

Mouse is a Genius X-G510, pretty solid, didn't fail me not once, good little thing but he will have to go because I'm aiming at G502 proteus spectrum.

What games do you generally play? Depending on that we can hopefully help a bit with choosing a mouse.

What games do you generally play? Depending on that we can hopefully help a bit with choosing a mouse

Everything really. From FPS, RTS, RPG's, music games (guitar hero, rock band...) and so on. I'm not the kind of gamer that's stuck on one thing all the time.

And G502 is my choice because it's so damn perfect, used it on my friend's setup when we played (I should say raged 90% of the time) Yaiba Ninja Gaiden Z and it kicks ass. I fell in love with it instantly, you can't beat it.

Bennoo likes this