Looking for new screen

Hey,As I would like to enchance my gaming performance I would like to buy a new screenMy current one is a old tv with 2 HDMI port, and 2 SCART ports (and dvi etc). The resolution is poor (1280 x 768), so that is why ^^I would like to buy a new screen for a decent price, but it must have a SCART port otherwise I won't be able to play on my gamecube (and as you know I play a lot of SSBM) 

A hdmi to scart converter (or scart to hdmi idk idc) is around €200 so I won't be buying that...

CaphallO likes this

mhm  i think there are not many TVs with a SCART port anymore but you can use an adapter so the port wont be the problem

are you using an amp / soundsystem with your screen or just normal screen audio output?

i think there was an AV cable (red,white,yellow) with the gameqube not sure tho (if not the adapters for that are dirt cheap)

there are  SCART - AV adapters (2-10€)  and even SCART - HDMI ones but they are like 30€ (the cheap ones)

https://www.amazon.de/Esamconn-Composite-Converter-Konverter-Adapter-Monitor/dp/B01MZXRY6A/

newer screens more likely have a RGB input than a SCART one so i would suggest connecting your GQ trough AV

probably your solution

https://www.nintendo.com/consumer/systems/nintendogamecube/hook_avtotv.jsp

maybe something like this is also an option: (TV with scart input)

https://www.amazon.de/Grundig-Fernseher-Triple-Tuner-schwarz/dp/B00RK808SY?th=1

Reasoning will never make a Man correct an ill Opinion, which by Reasoning he never acquired

Well, you should also keep in mind that a TV will be probably worse than a monitor as it has low hertz. If you're alright with that, do go ahead. Also as Cap said, you need to decide what is your budget beforehand. That way we can all give you some "real" recommendations (by real, I mean within your budget).

Maybe you could purchase a nice PC monitor and keep the old one as a 2nd monitor. You could use the new one for everything else and the old one for the GC? Unless of course you plan to use the new device for the GC.

Pc aswell ofcBudget will be around 300 i guess

Since you plan to use it as a pc monitor too then I'd suggest either working your way with adapters as Cap said or just keeping your old screen and having a dual monitor setup. I think it's better to have a good monitor for all the pc games you play and will play rather than focusing on few gc games.

Apart from that, what resolution are you interested in? How many inches should it be? Would a higher hertz/higher res than 1080p monitor appeal to you? 300 euros can get you a very nice monitor.

The problem is that my  desk has no space to have a second screen. Since my laptop is there where I do all my work on.I dunno about Hertz and I want a sharper/ better resolution than this 1280x 768. 1440 x 900 is already a lot better, but more is fine with me. 

But i guess I will go for a monitor then, since I have this weird little screen that I can use perhaps.

The problem is that my  desk has no space to have a second screen. Since my laptop is there where I do all my work on.I dunno about Hertz and I want a sharper/ better resolution than this 1280x 768. 1440 x 900 is already a lot better, but more is fine with me. 

But i guess I will go for a monitor then, since I have this weird little screen that I can use perhaps.

Unless you have a really powerful pc, I wouldn't recommend going anywhere above 1920x1080 for resolution (Especially when it comes to gaming and titles that have high system requirements already.). A standard 1920x1080 res monitor is fairly cheap so with that kind of budget, you either look at higher res (if hardware can support it) or very high hertz.

I can suggest you brands/models for both cases if you'd like also. ^^

sure, i wasnt planning on using higher res than 1920 x 1080

Alright, and how many inches should the monitor be for it to be convenient to you? For 1080p I personally wouldn't go above 24 at best as the ppi ratio after that gets very low for my standards and textures become somewhat grainy especially if you sit relatively close to your monitor.