GTX 1060 6GB clocks

My card when i have h1z1 kill of the king open it stays around 1200mhz gpu clock even tho my base clock is 1500mhz, does anyone have a idea why or is it me doing something wrong? Thanks ;)

post-1610-0-57726000-1494093586.png

http://g.bf1stats.com/bf1s/pc/Leg1tBiltema.png

does this happen only for h1z1 or for other games too?

I dont know if it happens for other games, currently i dont have a game at the same level of demand like h1z1

#question 

Is it normal to the card have gpu clock at 139mhz and memory clock 405mhz while idle and only having steam and google opened?

#edit

I saw that i didn't say my brand and model, it's Gainward

Hmm... now when i checked again it was at 1800mhz~

Well, while we're at it. Do you think i should buy a cpu cooler? i currently only have the stock one and when i have h1z1 open the package is 40-55 celsius

What driver version are you currently using? Over the years nVidia has released some faulty drivers for their products. Some time ago, I remember there were many cases of people having their gpu clock speeds being locked unreasonably high whether the computer was under load or sitting idle. Another time, I recall there was a similar issue that affected many owners of high hertz monitors. Have you ruled out a faulty driver being the root cause of your issues? Have you rolled back your driver a couple versions down and seeing how your card behaves then?

I recommend checking the r/nvidia subreddit before updating your driver as the people over there post benchmarks of every driver shortly after its release where they see how well it fares compared to other versions, also announcing issues they discover while testing.

Furthermore, do you make a clean install of the updated driver? Deleting the previous one(s) before installing the new? It sounds like this could might be a conflict between old and new driver(even if you do press "Clean install" on GeForce Experience, it still doesn't delete the old version completely). I suggest using this tool and see if there's indeed leftovers from past driver versions. Even if this isn't the cause of all this, having a clean system from old drivers will only benefit you anyway.

Moving aside from the software part, have you thought about having your gpu checked in case it's a faulty piece of hardware? If it turns out like this and your warranty for it is still active, maybe you can have it be RMA'd and receive a replacement/refund for your purchase.

Let us know how it goes and good luck mate. Hope you get to resolve your issue. :)

Runny, Substanz, CaphallO and 1 other like this

well... i had some problems with evga precision...  I ended up using msi afterburner and deinstalled nvidia expirience (manually installed the second latest driver) my EVGA GTX 1080 is working stable now

Reasoning will never make a Man correct an ill Opinion, which by Reasoning he never acquired

I dont know if it happens for other games, currently i dont have a game at the same level of demand like h1z1

#question 

Is it normal to the card have gpu clock at 139mhz and memory clock 405mhz while idle and only having steam and google opened?

#edit

I saw that i didn't say my brand and model, it's Gainward

I believe that is normal. As if I'm not wrong GPU works the same as CPU, when idle they reduce clocks to save power. And it doesn't achieve maximum clock while playing because it isn't necessary. Try running a benchmark, those always push resources to their limit. Now, if you are having fps lag (30-40 fps) while playing h1z1 and it's not giving out it maximum capacity then you might have a problem there. 

No fancy image here. Don't ask why!