Update on my rig :)

Hey guys, been a while since I actually posted a topic but here I am e,e

Anyways, I mentioned a few weeks ago that I was going to build a high end PC. I am still working on it. It's been a month and so far I have 2 pieces only. However, these 2 pieces are part of the 3 most expensive. :) So I only got 1 more expensive piece to buy, the monitor and then the rest should be easy.

I bought my GPU and CPU. I actually bought my CPU on Black Friday so I got a 100$ profit on that and it's still being shipped.

Here's my GPU:

http://i68.tinypic.com/eb5zko.jpg

Here are my future PC specs:

CPU : Intel Core i7-6700K 4.0GHz Quad-Core Processor
CPU COOLER: Corsair H100i v2 70.7 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler
MOBO: Asus Z170 PRO GAMING/AURA ATX LGA1151 Motherboard
RAM: G.Skill Trident Z 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-3200 Memory
SSD: Still to decide - most likely a Samsung just haven't decided which.
Storage: Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive(Might not get this and invest for a good SSD)
GPU: Asus GeForce GTX 1070 8GB STRIX Video Card
Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro ATX Full Tower Case
PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA G2 650W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply
Monitor: Asus VG248QE 24.0" 144Hz Monitor (Might change)

Doge, MAD eKs, Finny and 4 others like this

:banana: 

Deal with it. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Wow nice. I just got a new rig myself (thanks mr sub) but this looks also very awesome :D. I have chosen a samsung 850 pro ssd. Had the HDD from my old PC (500 gb 5400 rpm) and i bought a Seagate 3.5" Desktop HDD ST2000DM001 2TB for only € 77,99. So that was very cheap :p

Though I already had a tv/monitor on my room, so I did not need to buy that.

Bennoo likes this

Wow nice. I just got a new rig myself (thanks mr sub) but this looks also very awesome :D. I have chosen a samsung 850 pro ssd. Had the HDD from my old PC (500 gb 5400 rpm) and i bought a Seagate 3.5" Desktop HDD ST2000DM001 2TB for only € 77,99. So that was very cheap :p

Though I already had a tv/monitor on my room, so I did not need to buy that.

Haha Sub actually helped me pick parts too, I forgot to mention(Sorry Subs <3). :) 

Thats sick bennoo :) !

I'm building a completely new pc from scratch aswell next year, but to be honest i'm not that good with it, hope you guys will be able to help me with that !

Btw what was your budget for this build ?

Very expensive, 2.3k$ but it's Canada and everything here is super expensive lol. I myself haven't build a computer before but it shouldn't be that hard with all the tutorials on YouTube right now ^^ I am most likely gonna be stuck with the bios stuff and what not 

hardest thing is the cpu ^^  cooling paste :P  to much = bad cooling,    to less = bad cooling ;)  rest is just easy :P nice setup , i bought myself a SSD for my laptop from samsung   850 EVO 1TB   (i don't need the pro version,evo is cheaper and performance is almost equal )

Bennoo likes this

WmNf8mO.gif

hardest thing is the cpu ^^  cooling paste :P  to much = bad cooling,    to less = bad cooling ;)  rest is just easy :P nice setup , i bought myself a SSD for my laptop from samsung   850 EVO 1TB   (i don't need the pro version,evo is cheaper and performance is almost equal )

I am buying the h100i which comes with pre-applied thermal paste so I don't have to worry about that lol

Substanz likes this

HDD is a must have :) You will need that 1TB storage no matter what :p I got already 2 TB HDD storage and 1,5 TB on cloud and yet I struggle with managing free space :D Backing up sensitive data shouldn't be a problem when you got separate HDDs so it won't be an issue if one of them fails. (Plus an external house+USB for it is a nice addition)

144 Hz monitor is a huge question mark in my life though. 60fps is already enough for me but I played on 144 Hz monitor before and you can feel the difference but only at the capped refresh rate. I guess it wouldn't be a problem with these parts but on lower frame rate (even around 100-120) it will feel a bit choppy. It's just a personal opinion though I know a lot of people love the 144 Hz screens.

And if you can you should wait with the CPU. The new Kaby lake processors just around the corner and maybe you can expect a small price drop on the desired one. (Or get a Kaby lake processor, they are absolutely worth the price and the same overclocking rules apply)

Samsung SSDs are the best on the market and the service+warranty they offer are absolutely professional I always prefer the Samsung products even though I'm not a fanboy of them. :ph34r:

One thing to note: don't be cheap on PSU and cooler. Those are cheaper stuffs but if you select the best fitting for the rig you can save a sh'tload of money by preventing faulty parts later on. But they are looking decent so that shouldn't be a problem

Bennoo and Substanz like this

Click image for steam profile

http://i.imgur.com/JHif3CC.gif

HDD is a must have :) You will need that 1TB storage no matter what :p I got already 2 TB HDD storage and 1,5 TB on cloud and yet I struggle with managing free space :D Backing up sensitive data shouldn't be a problem when you got separate HDDs so it won't be an issue if one of them fails. (Plus an external house+USB for it is a nice addition)

144 Hz monitor is a huge question mark in my life though. 60fps is already enough for me but I played on 144 Hz monitor before and you can feel the difference but only at the capped refresh rate. I guess it wouldn't be a problem with these parts but on lower frame rate (even around 100-120) it will feel a bit choppy. It's just a personal opinion though I know a lot of people love the 144 Hz screens.

And if you can you should wait with the CPU. The new Kaby lake processors just around the corner and maybe you can expect a small price drop on the desired one. (Or get a Kaby lake processor, they are absolutely worth the price and the same overclocking rules apply)

Samsung SSDs are the best on the market and the service+warranty they offer are absolutely professional I always prefer the Samsung products even though I'm not a fanboy of them. :ph34r:

One thing to note: don't be cheap on PSU and cooler. Those are cheaper stuffs but if you select the best fitting for the rig you can save a sh'tload of money by preventing faulty parts later on. But they are looking decent so that shouldn't be a problem

I also put the Zen processor into consideration but considering what the 6700k can bring me I am happy to go with it. As for the storage I wanted to swap out both for a Samsung M.2 4 TB but when I saw the price, nevermind lol. This build will use about 367W according to PCpartpicker so I grabbed the extra 300 for high load occasions :) I am yet to decide which monitor to get, this one was a quick pick from reviews. Recommend any monitor? I prefer not to spend more than 350$ on a monitor though. To be honest I never heard of Kaby lake processors so there's that but 6700k should be good enough, especially the fact that I got it 150$ cheaper than what it used to be a month ago :D Btw how much refresh rate would you want for a monitor?

Kaby Lake is not yet released so not many thing are known about it yet. i7-7700k will be the competent for the 6700k.

For a monitor I don't really have a preference but Asus monitors have a pretty nice display I would choose one of them.

And for refresh rate it is totally personal preference. If you play comp and want to be reeeeeaaaallllyyy precise you should go for a higher one. And it gives maybe a slightly smoother experience but only above 144fps

Bennoo likes this

Click image for steam profile

http://i.imgur.com/JHif3CC.gif