AOC G2460PF - 144hz Monitor Review

So I've had this monitor for a couple of months now, picked it up quite cheap at £200, so I thought why not?!

Instantly, I noticed the difference. For starters, 144hz means that it can display up to 144 frames per second (FPS). Most standard monitors display 60hz, 85 hz at a push. It was a strange feeling playing at first. It felt like I was watching a super smooth 60fps YouTube video, but I was actually playing a game. Really strange, kind of like being sat next to someone else, watching them play - quite a weird sensation. 

However there are a few drawbacks. Watching 30fps YouTube / Facebook videos feels super "laggy". Your mouse cursor is moving around at 144hz, yet the video is only running at 30! Awful! FPS drops in games are hugely noticeable at times. 60fps feels "laggy" in game. But as a CS & Call of Duty player it's not much of an issue as these games are not that demanding to run. 

From an FPS gaming standpoint, I actually believe that it makes you aim better. It's more of a mind game though, as you think the smoothness gives you an advantage. 144hz is more of a luxury than a must have. But once you have it there's no going back! This is the only computer I use at home, it's a different story at work, 60hz is horrible! 

If you have a capable system and you find a good deal like I did, it's defiantly worth picking up a 144hz monitor! 

Batman, Scruffs, Bennoo and 2 others like this

ziwdnie.png