hey guys i have an issue a couple of weeks now...windows update doesnt work and svchost.exe drains too much cpu power,its always at 100%, making my laptop really slow

i ve tried some google and youtube solution(updating manually,some officical fix.exe etc) and it only worked temporarily(till next reboot)

i have official windows of course

And i wanted to ask if u have any ideas or have encounter an issue like this before

Where is your will to be weird?

Maybe you have some sort of malicious software in your system. Try scanning it for spyware, adaware, rootkit and other pesky things that do this. And if that doesn't work you can try opening  task manager, find the svchost.exe and open it's location (i think it should be in C:windowssystem32), double click on the app .exe to start the new service and terminate the clone one that is causing you problems.

killer_4 likes this

@Substanz i have malwarebytes installed and eset nod32 antivirus 6,i did full scan and it was clean(except some potential threats)...but i ll do a new one today just incase

but the main issue is that i cannot make my windows update working...

@Puddingbane i ll try it...all i was doing is killing it through task manager

probably due to your infected svchost.exe, windows know a fail about it, some KB fix are available ^^

so go to C:WindowsTemp folder and delete all the content inside (not the folder)

and same here : C:UserAppDataLocalTemp (hidden folder mod enabled)

restart your pc and make again a deep full scan on all partitions with nod32

Spybot will surely help u too, it did it for me years ago

Gm3eMuy.pngsub-darkmessiah.GIF

make Sure thier is no strange startup programs in ur pc (which version uhas in windows 7 type msconfig.msc ) and startup and see if thier is strange programs running or not if u has windows 8 use task manager and check startup ...

You can also see what background programs is that dummy service is using by opening the task manager, finding the that svchost.exe that uses the most of your processor/memory, right clicking on it and then clicking on "Go to service(s)". that way you can see the processes running by that particular service and decide what process will you shut down to free CPU or memory load.

Most of the time it is some kind of virus in question but not all of the time. Be careful with this kinds of stuff because it could potentially break your laptop.

yeah i know that but i dont now what these services are,i m kinda noob :p

i did though full scans without results...

i ll come up with something,i ll look into it later...for the time i ll be switching it of when i start my laptop

svchost.exe is a generic host process name for services that run from dynamic-link libraries. Microsoft started moving all of the functionality from internal Windows services into .dll files instead of .exe files. From a programming perspective this makes more sense for reusability… but the problem is that you can’t launch a .dll file directly from Windows, it has to be loaded up from a running executable (.exe). and that's how svchost.exe process was born.

there are a Lot of services required by Windows and that is the reason there are so many of them when you look in task manager. If every single service ran under a single svchost.exe a failure in one might bring down all of Windows, so they are separated out.

Those services are organized into logical groups, and then a single svchost.exe instance is created for each group. one svchost.exe instance runs the 3 services related to the firewall, another svchost.exe instance might run all the services related to the user interface. get it now?

it is a windows feature responsible for loading shared dll's for other applications to use.

killer_4 likes this