new PC, specs?

Hey guys, 

Buying a new PC at the end of this month with monitor. Budget is 1000 euros.

I was thinking about this:

Case :Corsair  Carbide 200R

Motherboard : GIGABYTE GA-970A-DS3P (AMD CrossfireX)

Processor (CPU): AMD FX-4300 ( 4x 3800 Mhz ) Quad-Core

-   cooler: Scythe Katana 4

RAM: 8GB DDR3 1600Mhz (Corsair Memory - Dual Channel)

Graphics card: NVIDIA GTX 750 Ti (MSI GTX750TI Gaming 2G GDDR5)

500 GB HDD

128GB SSD (Crucial MX100)

Power supply : Corsair VS Series VS650

Windows 7 home premium. 64 bit.

EDIT: monitor : Samsung S22D300HY

This all together is already 1000 so no changes can be made that are more expensive.

I would like to hear tips/suggestions to improve it within the budget. :)

cheers.

Scrappydoo and Bennoo like this

say my name

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hey guys,    Buying a new PC at the end of this month with monitor. Budget is 1000 euros.   I was thinking about this: Case :Corsair  Carbide 200R Motherboard : GIGABYTE GA-970A-DS3P (AMD CrossfireX)

drop the monitor, get a worse one, drop the pc case, get a worse one, and add another 8 gigs of RAM. Make it 16.

I have never heard truer words my friend.

drop the monitor, get a worse one, drop the pc case, get a worse one, and add another 8 gigs of RAM. Make it 16.

8GB is totally fine to start off with. Im not planning on video editing and recording everything while gaming. 8GB is plenty to just play games with and other stuff.

ssd : Samsung 840 or 850 pro

No AMD pls, intel stays and reamins so far in benches

GPU : Radeon is better so far

Motherboard : prefer any ASUS MB

I can bring you all perfs in each hardware, you need for....

I think it would be a higher pricetag if I followed your advice on this :P

say my name

I can choose between i5-4460 and this amd CPU, Amd is not that bad tbh. 

Just look at several benches around internet, AMD CPU are out since 6 years....

http://translate.google.fr/translate?hl=fr&ie=UTF-8&sl=fr&tl=en&u=http://www.comptoir-hardware.com/articles/cpu-mobo-ram/25164-comparatif-les-cpu-q1-2015.html

Gm3eMuy.pngsub-darkmessiah.GIF

I did compare them. The dates are not really that important to me. The perfomance does it. And the i5-4460 is just slightly better than this AMD processor.

I believe you will regret this shortly after (say, a couple of years later)

AMD's need a very good aftermarket cooler (say, a corsair hydrocooling @100$) to perform good. Plus, AMD's are only good for gaming, everyone says they're shite for video/picture/music editing.

They're practically nothing more besides gaming. If that's what you want your PC for, then i'll pass.

I could give you an at least x3 better pc for the same money (maybe a couple of $$ more, but you'll be able to manage the cost by adding/removing components)

PM me if you want my suggestion (An intel based PC)

I have had nothing but problems with my AMD Graphics card. My system has '17 video hardware errors' that I cannot solve. I get the odd bluescreen because of it. It's a complete ball ache. Stick with NVIDIA. 

The processor should be fine, I have a Quad Core 4.2ghz AMD processor it's amazing! Intel would be better in the long run though. 

8GB of RAM should be fine for gaming.

The 750ti is under estimated, it's a brilliant card for the price, very good. A 760 (not a ti a regular 760) would be ideal, but the 750ti is good enough.

Like Zod said, forget the expensive case, mine cost £17 & I have painted it (cuz I'm crazy) 

The monitor can be downgraded further, depends how much you care. I got my  19 inch 1366x768 @ 75 hz for only £47. Nice crisp picture, gets the job done. Something like my monitor is the lowest you should go! 

Bennoo likes this

ziwdnie.png

I am also able to get a sick monster PC for only 849 euros on the dutch Ebay (marktplaats), looks pretty good.

http://www.marktplaats.nl/a/computers-en-software/desktop-pc-s/m908890072-game-monster-corei7-3820-3-6gz-16gb-250gb-ssd-2tb-hd6990-4gb.html?c=8c285449651fa109c354bbabe740c1b&previousPage=lr&lr_snippet=horizontalRichSnippet

Processor: Intel® Core i7-3820 Processor (10M Cache, up to 3.80 GHz).Quadcore I7 met hyperthreading, je hebt dus 8 threads tot je beschikking.Gekoeld door : ThermalRight Special Edition (LGA 2011).Geheugen : Kingston LP 16GB (4 x 4GB) DDR3 @ 1333Mhz.SSD : Nieuwe Samsung 850 EVO 250GB.Harde schijf : Seagate 2000GB SATA.Videokaart : AMD Radeon 6990 4GB DDR5 (Dual GPU)DVI en 4 x Mini Display-poort.1 x Double-Layer DVD+/-RW Disk Writer.Windows 7PRO 64 bits geinstalleerd.

SilenceNL likes this

say my name

Nah drop the 16 gig RAM, you can add more later.

You can also get a small SSD, and only instal your OS on it. 

Since that corsair case has place for how many harddrives? Like 10 or so?

Would go for at least a i7 intel (new generation) and ASUS MB motherboard. The rest you can add more or better stuff later.

That link you post looks good, surely if all is new.

Nah drop the 16 gig RAM, you can add more later.

You can also get a small SSD, and only instal your OS on it. 

Since that corsair case has place for how many harddrives? Like 10 or so?

Would go for at least a i7 intel (new generation) and ASUS MB motherboard. The rest you can add more or better stuff later.

That link you post looks good, surely if all is new.

i7 can not afford that lol, .. 1000 euros max with monitor

say my name