CoD BO CW: Zombies first look

Hello,

In this post I will be giving my first look on the new COD BO: CW Zombies mode. This mode can be played solo or in a party of up to 4 players.

Currently there are two maps available to play:

• Die Maschine
  • Dead Ops Arcade (the original top-down zombies from BO1)

Perks

The classic perks from COD WaW Zombies are back, including some new ones.

• Juggernog (hp increase)
  • Speed cola
  • Quick Revive
  • Stamin-up (faster movement)
  • Elemental Pop (new, random Ammo Effect)
  • Deadshot Daiquiri (new, move xhair to critical location on zombies and remove scope sway)

These perks can be upgraded from the main menu to include additional effects (up to 3 tiers). The currency used for this is Aetherium Crystals.

The crystals can be earned by completing rounds in zombies (eg. 10 rounds = 1crystal), or exfilling the map.

Skills

The skills system from COD WW2 Zombies is back as well. You can pick a skill according to your role in the squad.

• Ring of Fire (boost damage and hurt zombies inside the ring)
  • Healing Aura (heal yourself and allies)
  • Aether Shroud (disappear, be untargetable for some seconds)
  • Energy Mine (well, its a mine ...)
  • Frost Blast (freeze zombies in proximity and let them take damage)

Like with the perks, these skills can be upgraded with crystals to make them more useful. For example, the highest tier of healing aura will also

revive downed allies when it is used.

Zombie drops

The classic drops from CoD WAW are back: double points (x2), instakill, the nuke, etc.

Furthermore, the mystery box also returns. I haven't been able to get the ray gun yet. It seems to be extremely rare.

Exfilling

New to the zombie mode is the option to exfill the map. After wave 10 and every 5 rounds thereafter, you can use a radio to call an extraction.

If accepted by all players, this will trigger a timed large and difficult wave of zombies. If you fail this wave by not clearing the zombies on time, or dieing, you won't get a bonus. Clear the wave, and you will get some extra crystals and XP. And of course, a mission success :)

Weapon Progression

The weapon level progession is shared between Multiplayer and Zombies, and so is the normal XP. Only the weapon camo unlocks are separate

for zombies. You can use any unlocked attachments from Multiplayer in Zombies as well.

Of course, I also made a video during my first play of the map.

QmXjtKY.png