Welcome to noName.zone
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Language Pack

- - - - - language pack installer cod4 tutorial

4 replies to this topic

Mrozy

Mrozy

#include <NoobLib>

• Members
  • 194 posts
  • LocationWarsaw

Hello everyone

I created a simple tool, which changes cod4 language. The Pack contains: english, french, german(unavailable atm), italian, polish, russian, spanish and chinese.

Full version (~443MB)  -  Patch the entire multiplayer  -  https://www.dropbox....gePack.zip?dl=1

Lite version (~8MB)  -  Patch almost everything (more details in spoiler)  -  https://www.dropbox....(Lite).zip?dl=1

How to use it?:

1. Extract LanguagePack folder to CoD4 root directory
  2. Launch install.bat  (inside LanguagePack)
  3. Type language you want to change
  4. Done

You can change the language infinitely many times.

If you want to restore your original files simple launch uninstall.bat

I will create better installer in the future. I don't have time to do it at the moment :/

Anyway, enjoy

All files comes from original source. They are not modified.

Details about missing text in Lite version

Spoiler

graphic.png

Ali Zien

Ali Zien

• Members
  • 286 posts
  • LocationGarden of Eden.

very creative, what did you use to make the changes ? translate application ?

♥  :zone:  :nN:  :nname:  :noname2:  :nnzone:  :noname:  :coffee11: ♥  :coffee6:   :coffee5:  :coffee2:  :hero: :drums: :party: :pcoffee: :drink2: :banana6:  :banana5:  :banana4:  :banana3:  :banana2:  :banana: :banana8: 

Nomad

Nomad

• Forum user
  • PipPip
  • 273 posts
  • Locationis loading, please wait...

Nice job, Mrozy!

Decided to install english(mostly for overviews), but had some problems. Right after launching and opening main menu it was an error "Couldn't load image waypoint_bomb". I opened your bat file and decided to type "en", not "english" as before and after that everything installed and worked correctly.

In other languages (spanish for example) everything worked correctly.

But still, as I said great job, mate! I tried to find smth like that few weeks ago and couldn't find anything except "broken" links:( Thank you!

logo5.png

We are explorers in this life... each of us.

Mrozy

Mrozy

#include <NoobLib>

• Members
  • 194 posts
  • LocationWarsaw

very creative, what did you use to make the changes ? translate application ?

I downloaded every version of cod4 and I took files contains language files.

Decided to install english(mostly for overviews), but had some problems. Right after launching and opening main menu it was an error "Couldn't load image waypoint_bomb". I opened your bat file and decided to type "en", not "english" as before and after that everything installed and worked correctly.

Thanks for the report. I was shuffling all files to find errors but I didn't find any. Can you try to repeat all steps and tell me result? There is no difference between typing en, eng, English etc.

graphic.png

Nomad

Nomad

• Forum user
  • PipPip
  • 273 posts
  • Locationis loading, please wait...

Hm... yea, rly weird, as I understood it have to be no difference, but I have installed few times with errors, and problems disappeared only after typing "en".

About steps nothing useful to add I thnk:

1)extracting folder from archive to cod4 directory, so installer had path "...\Call of Duty 4 - Modern Warfare\LanguagePack\installer.cmd"

2)runned installer and typed "english"

3)runned cod and in a half of the second menu screen "paused" (no menu music and animations like smoke) + opened windows with error message "Couldn't load image waypoint_bomb"(nothing more).

Reinstalled few times without any changes, and as I said before only after "en" it worked correctly. Btw it's showing error "LanguagePack is not placed in cod4 directory!" if to open with admin rights, if this may be useful...

logo5.png

We are explorers in this life... each of us.

Reply to this topic

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: language, pack, installer, cod4, tutorial

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users