Welcome to noName.zone
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Harddrive not showing

9 replies to this topic

Roohan

Roohan

Suggest me a gaming name

• Members
  • 426 posts
  • Locationkharian cty

Ello

im back with another problem,today i removed my harddrives and graphics card to clean the dust it had build up.

so when i put everything back and turned the pc on my second hard drive was not showing up.Not in disk management ,nowhere .

it only shows up in the bios,i tried different cables both power and data and different sata ports but it didnt work.

Roohan

Roohan

Suggest me a gaming name

• Members
  • 426 posts
  • Locationkharian cty

Its fixed.I uninstalled the sata controller driver and while restarting i loaded optimized defaults in the bios,so i dont know which one of them fixed the problem.But its fixed.

now while u r here, i have another problem.

I checked my system disk status and its shows caution in the "current pending sector count"as below.

Can i fix it? and why did this happen.

Spoiler

Scrappydoo

Scrappydoo

Scrappy Crappy Doo

• Admins
  • 569 posts
  • Locationis loading, please wait...

Posted Image

Roohan

Roohan

Suggest me a gaming name

• Members
  • 426 posts
  • Locationkharian cty

But i have window in that HDD.

Mrozy

Mrozy

#include <NoobLib>

• Members
  • 194 posts
  • LocationWarsaw

Don't use this this tutorial. It shows how to erase full drive. C5 error shows one sector on your hdd is unstable (not broken) and require remapping. If your hdd is new, it should decide whether is it real bad sector and it will fix it automatically. Look at smart regularly to check for new ones and it will be fine.

graphic.png

Roohan

Roohan

Suggest me a gaming name

• Members
  • 426 posts
  • Locationkharian cty

"Look at smart regularly to check for new ones " .sory im a nub and i didnt get this line...

Puddingsbane

Puddingsbane

Very Angry Pudding

• Admins
  • 1,174 posts
  • LocationDaruvar

S.M.A.R.T. - Self-Monitoring, Analysis, and Reporting Technology.

You can check smart over command prompt with typing one simple command - wmic diskdrive get status

Or use your CrystalDisk Info app where it says Health Status. You could get the app to run in the background when you start your pc by going into Function tab and ticking Resident and Startup

If there are any changes in HDD smart status it will alert you.

xwsa_2-1.png.pagespeed.gp+jp+jw+pj+ws+js

Roohan

Roohan

Suggest me a gaming name

• Members
  • 426 posts
  • Locationkharian cty
Ok thank you.
So for now i can turn this on and wait for the hdd to automatically remap those sectors. Right?

Mrozy

Mrozy

#include <NoobLib>

• Members
  • 194 posts
  • LocationWarsaw

Simple do nothing and check S.M.A.R.T regularly for potential problems. You could try to erase+remap this sector if you would like to reinstall the system and this sector would stay broken.

graphic.png

Roohan

Roohan

Suggest me a gaming name

• Members
  • 426 posts
  • Locationkharian cty

S.M.A.R.T. - Self-Monitoring, Analysis, and Reporting Technology.

You can check smart over command prompt with typing one simple command - wmic diskdrive get status

Or use your CrystalDisk Info app where it says Health Status. You could get the app to run in the background when you start your pc by going into Function tab and ticking Resident and Startup

If there are any changes in HDD smart status it will alert you.

xwsa_2-1.png.pagespeed.gp+jp+jw+pj+ws+js

BTW i did this scan using command prompt and it says 

"Status

OK

OK"

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users