Hello everyone,

I thought it would be interesting to share with each other the titles we have picked up during Steam's summer sale.

If you haven't picked up anything yet, you can share details about any game you'd like to have .... Maybe some other people will like the game too?

Personally I have picked up Saints Row IV: Game of The Century Edition. It's priced at 4.99 EUR and includes all (28) DLCs.

Link : https://store.steampowered.com/agecheck/app/314580/

The US President must save the Earth from alien overlord Zinyak using an arsenal of superpowers and strange weapons in the wildest open world game ever.

The epic conclusion to the game that changed all the rules! The Saints have gone from the crackhouse to the White House—but the Earth has been invaded and it’s up to you to free the world from Overlord Zinyak and his alien empire. With homies new and old by your side, and an arsenal of superpowers and strange weapons, you must save the world in the wildest open world game ever!

First 30 minutes of gameplay:

QmXjtKY.png

I didn't buy anything and didn't think about buying anything, but then I saw Valve Complete Pack for 9,79 euros.

I only had 1 of the 19 games so I decided to buy it. Seemed like a gem I couldn't pass on considering the actual price is over 100 euros.

It contains some real classics that I had played but never owned yet on Steam.

Substanz and JillyJill like this

Had a shitty experience with a few games during the current summer sale.

Fallout for example. Since I am a long-time elderscrolls player, one of my friends suggested to buy fallout. I already owned the basegame of New Vegas & Fallout 3, so he suggested to buy some dlcs instead.
I was very close to doing that however I ran against a few problems. 1. Falllout 3 does not run on w7 or higher unless you go around and edit some stuff (new vegas does run). 2. There are 3 steamstore options; A buy the base game, B buy the dlcs individually (€15) C buy game of the year/ ultimate editions with basegame + all dlcs included (€10). 

Since A didnt apply to me, I was looking at B, only to find out it was way more expensive to buy these dlcs individually, than to buy the GOTY/Ultimate edition. So I tried C, however even though I owned the basegame, the price was 10€, so I thought hm, maybe you will receive an extra copy from the basegame, but that answer is no. 

So yeah, Bethesda wants you to buy a game that does not run on w7 or higher, while paying €10 for all dlcs + basegame  and you will loose your extra copy of the base game. No really what a great deal that is! 

And then I thought wel let me spend my money on something else then. So I went over to Ticket to Ride (which is a boardgame turned digital cross-platform). I own a copy of the Gencon (Gamescon) 2017 give-away. It gave me acces to the basegame + dlc maps Switzerland, America 1910, Europe, india and Asia. I bought the DLC UK in january this year, and was eager to buy the remaining dlcs. When I bought them my acces to these earlier dlcs (Switzerland, America 1910 etc.) disappeard, so now I am still stuck with a game I can't fully enjoy because 5 dlcs have gone M.I.A.

Again what a great deal that is!

So yeah these steamsales get the better of me. Started to get really pissed with these nonsense. 
I bought the s.t.a.l.k.e.r. bundle to get some hype in for Metro Exodus. But man... 

Oh yeah just for the record, I tried contacting the steam support about this bullcr.. However they just point fingers at Bethesda and Asmodee. So I thought yeah well, lets send a support to those guys then.
Bethesda is busy because of fallout 76 with dozens of supports, so it will take some time for them to respond. And Asmodee just didnt respond at all.

Substanz likes this

When it comes to gaming, my time is mostly invested in multiplayer games rather than story rich, singleplayer games and so on. Having said that, I had been thinking about getting a couple titles during these sales like, the newest Life is Strange game, the Thief franchise, a sequel to one of my VN's, and CoD2 due to memories and because I lost my physical copy. Got a glimpse of a few very appealing indie games as well.

In the end, I didn't pick up anything. Reason for this is that during last summer's sales, I paid a little over â‚¬300 for games. Obviously, I ended up with numerous titles the majority of which I have not yet played/finished. Admittedly, my to-play list is quite sizeable even after a year and after contemplating on it, I decided to play/finish the titles on the list before expanding it.

Literally saw the topic name and went straight to steam to buy valve complete pack. It was a hell of a problem as I don't have credit card yet, but I managed to pull it off through a webpage called boacompra which serves as intermediary between me, a payments business in colombia called Efecty and steam. So I give the money (Pesos) to Efecty, they tell Boacompra that I did and boacompra pays steam in USD. Also I already had Half Life bundle (All half life), CS:GO, Portal Bundle (1, 2 and a "developers" book), and L4D2. So it discounted those items and the grand total for valve complete pack was 6.27 USD, 10470 colombian pesos, which is nothing! A pack of cigarettes is 5000 pesos. 7 Games for the price of 2 packs of cigarettes! 

The good thing about that system (even if its complicated) is that I can add money to steam wallet like if it was a bank account and use it whenever I want. No idea if you can with credit card.

By the moment I don't specially want any other game and I'm saving for the new computer. So I guess the next pay day (In 8 days) I will throw 20.000 pesos to steam, and the next month 20.000 more and so on, getting ready for Black Friday 

No fancy image here. Don't ask why!

@YI on july 5, so in less than 48 hours already

they organize sales each monday and during weekdays as well, so you can just add the game you want in wishlist and will recieve notification by e-mail when it goes on sale

:c well, I already have a couple on the wish list. I might just start throwing some money to the steam wallet every month, saving for january 2019 (Metro Exodus)

Nomad likes this

No fancy image here. Don't ask why!