What Has Kept COD4 Alive?!

Its something to really think about as games that come out these days people loose interest very quickly

While the new gen games are better looking , Theres some things that they can never get right 

Honestly in my mind, I think that the ability of modding/having mods in COD4 is what has kept it alive for so long , lets not forget about no micro transaction and loot boxes , only hard work that pays off to unlock the skins ! No updates that ruin the game each month and just in general how simple the game is and works 

A big roll which also comes to my mind is how many COD4 clans there are out there that have kept this game alive for so long

Please share your thoughts id like to hear what you have to think about COD4 being alive for so long ?

3bJEvRZ.png

Well the gaming industry took a sharp turn when it comes to new releases. Everything now is connected to the internet, constant updates, paid DLC's, alpha and beta testing, pre-orders. It's much more complicated than before and CoD 4: MW was released in simplistic times when all that stuff was still not incorporated like today. It simple and still works great with tons of dedicated servers to choose from, remastered version was just a poor attempt at milking your wallet and staying true to the current meta of game releases, because activision, and that was not the case in mid 2000's. You know how it goes, if it works don't fix it but you can still improve upon it.

I would like to think the game engine is better than modern ones. Lag compensation and non dedicated servers is horrible. Havent tried the remastered version but from what I hear it suffers from the same problem that most new cod:s do.

For me I discovered that COD4 was still alive last spring. I was glad to buy it and start gaming again. Previously i plated it on the xbox360 (wich is dead). This is about the only game i play now. The way i can steal some time from my familylife and play is excelent. Playing is just a few clicks away.

Substanz and Fives like this

Old man writing a storm.

Cod4 stayed alive for so long for many reasons.

First of all it was the quake3 engine which made the game huge. The possibilities are really endless in this game due to the mods and that is a rare thing to find in todays games. Also cod4 is a really skill-based and high paced game and the graphics are preety much sick considering the year the game was made. Thats all an average player wants.

Of course the game wouldnt be where it is right now without the competitive side (promod) which kept it on the top for years. It was one a game that could be taken up competitively again after games like source and 1.6 cs.

Huge lans, tournaments , huge playerbase and a great community boosted the game to the top.

Of course thats only a few factors and obviously we could talk about it for a lot of days but dont have time to write more stuff :D

Thats what cod4 is and hopefully it will remain like this for many more years <3

Substanz, Doge and Fives like this

For me, it's all about the movement and the weapons. The fact that CoD4 was built from the ground up as a PC game means that it has exceptional attention to detail for it's time. Plus there was nothing else really like it on the market back in 2007. "Create A Class" was such a big thing, allowing players to interact even more and cater to their own individual style, without straying away from skill based play. That's just the base game, not even mentioning the tools and the success of many different mods! I love the overall performance of the game engine, it's not perfect by any means but I keep on coming back for that goodness!

stelthii, Fives, Runny and 1 other like this

ziwdnie.png