Bosses in video games.

After 32 years of gaming it's hard to choose one, coz i've met so many and they did rekt me a lot.

If i may choose one, i would say, the king of tennis in Virtua tennis 4 (in hardest mod), the one just after Jim Courier in Arcade gameplay or on finale season of the campaign.

Spent many hours on trying to beat him, as his tennis is perfect and just bringing you back all your heavy attacks.

Epic moments of pure tennis.

P.s : King might be beaten by the alien in Alien : Isolation that i play in nightmare diffculty. Let's see if i can touch the end ^^

Gm3eMuy.pngsub-darkmessiah.GIF

General Raam from the origial Gears Of War must be one of my toughest things I ever encountered, that game made me rage quite a lot.

Vergil from Devil May Cry 3 is hard as fuck as well

(EDIT) Subz mentioned Alien from Alien: Isolation......I approve of his pick, when I say it's hard just ask him what I told him about my experiences about the game....ugh. Still one of the best games ever made.

Substanz and stelthii like this

I've managed to beat every boss I've met in video games...almost. There is only 1 who managed to beat me every time.......

And it was a stupid DOOR in God of War II. Do not laugh, I've tried hundred times and never opened it. It's sad because I loved this game but I never finished it :( (It's 100% true)

Apart from that, the hardest boss I've met was The Booted Cat in Shrek on ps2. It was horrible....

I never play games in hard mode and the new ones seem so easy compared to the old classic games.

stelthii likes this

Very interesting replies, everyone!

For me the hardest one I've ever faced, was definitely Mahasti from Prince of Persia: The Two Thrones. You couldn't just mindlessly combo your attacks as you could barely get a hit before she'd parry and deal massive damage with her own combo's before your character's "stunlock" was over. Also, playing defensively and blocking, waiting for an opening wasn't viable either as she had a kick attack that if landed successfully it would throw you off the platform to instant death. After getting her to 50% hp, Dark Price comes out and you had to start chasing her, doing all these jumps etc etc from platform to platform while dodging her illusion's and her own's throwing knives. All of that while losing hp every sec as per the Dark Price's ability. Very frustrating to say the least.

These past few days, I've been playing a lot of Ori and the Blind Forest DE ever since the sequel got announced. Great story but also in depth mechanics and abilities that pose quite the challenge to master. So, the game lacks the "traditional" boss fights but in lieu of that, it has these so called "escape sequences". Basically, it requires that you "speedrun" a decent chunk of the map. A misjudged jump or even slowing down will kill you instanly. No second chances. To pass you need to execute the whole sequence flawlessly or you have to restart it. Very challenging platformer for sure. (Might write a review of it for nN once I complete the game.)

Substanz and Puddingsbane like this