Abusive camping.

Hi all.

I'm debating mostly with myself what abusive camping is. It would be fun to hear what other players consider abusive camping.

Lets get some diffrent views and opinions :) Il contribute my thoughts to kick thinkgs of.

Abusive camping to me is when a player uses same spot over and over. Successfully or not it's really anoying. If it's a member of your own team it can hold the team back and if its a member of the oposit team it's frustrating. 

Fire away with comments ppl :D

Substanz, Tino, Dettie and 3 others like this

Old man writing a storm.

Hey there!

For me the most important thing that constitutes camping as "abusive" or not is on what map we are. What I mean? It's very easy to kill a guy camping the lmg at A on Backlot. You can flank with so many routes/peek him off from so many angles/nade him etc it's ridiculous. Now change the map to killhouse let's say. If the guy is any good as well, it will be borderline impossible to take him out of his spot. For me, map plays an important role.

Then for me it also depends on the people who play at that time. If I kill two guys at x spot then moments later they blindly come back to the same spot only for me to kill them again. Then you really can't blame "me" for abusive camping. My mindset is this; "If I can sit here and get easy kills on the same oblivious people consistently, why should I rotate and work for my frags?" In the opposite case though, if people played smart, I would be forced to start moving if I wanted to get more kills that match.

Very easy to camp and get a ton of kills but equally easy to counter that tactic.

Tino and Bennoo like this

Yes I agree but there is also the team aspect. By camping your making your team vulnerable. Ofcourse there is tha map aspect but lets take killhouse for example. Same person using a rpd prone at tunnel. Everytime he dies he runs back. That can go either way. Its fairly easy to counter with grenades or flank but if your team is weak and the team the camper is on have 3 - 4 more skilled players. Your doomed.

Lucifier, stelthii and Bennoo like this

Old man writing a storm.

Agreed up to a degree.

I don't think when it comes to pub games on CoD4 that you can bring teamplay. Pubs on this game is rather "every man for himself" style.

To address your point though, if the enemy team has some more skilled players, then camper or no camper, they're probably going to win this especially if your team is also weak.

Bennoo and Thelegend27 like this

In my opinion, another word for abusive camping is spawn killing. I will only take actions when a player is killing others right as they spawn. In this case, you can be the most MLG pro player but won't be able to do anything about it. Other than that, I agree with Stelthii; It's very simple to counter campers. Especially on our Killhouse server where all perks and attachments are allowed as far as I remember. I personally use UAV Jammer and Martyr to completely annihilate noob lmg campers in Crossfire. I don't really need Martyr, but I take it because it makes them rage and get a taste of their own medicine.  :relaxed: However I also take actions sometimes when multiple people are getting upset because of one camper. Not everyone plays the game competitively, especially the elderly and they tend to get upset rather quickly when they get killed spontaneously and we don't want that to happen now, do we? :)

stelthii, Tino and Thelegend27 like this

:banana: 

Deal with it. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

• 3 weeks later...

Reffering to killhouse...I propose to disable some weapon like light machine gun, yesterday me and legend play an ONLY RPD round, it was nice, we was spamming bullet trying to kill eachoters. It was fun for 10 minutes, maybe 15 then it start to bore.

Camping is a common practice, i agree with legend when say than in killhouse campers are dangerous for their own team but in big map like creek i think we can allow it.