My opinion of MW Remastered.

I got this game on release day and I couldn't play online. Connection timed out when the map finished loading. Nice. I later fixed this issue.

Firstly, lets talk about graphics. I always play on Low with 4x Anti Aliasing. Low looks like the original game on High settings. So go away with "why do you play on low?" complaints. 4x AA removes all jagged edges. Paired with low settings, the game looks really clean and simple. I'm very happy. Function over form. 

The maps are good, but they are a lot more "cluttered" etc etc. Still great to play. The guns are very good as well. It's just a shame we didn't get all the maps. Sniping really impressed me, very different from the original but it's still just as smooth! 

The only problem I am having, is that at the start of each new map, FPS will stutter really bad. It's like you need to run around the map to load it in. I only have 4GB of RAM though, the recommended is 6 so I'm going to buy another 4GB stick when I get round to it. I think once that's all sorted the game should run a lot better. 

Overall, it's a good game, but it's just ripped straight from a console...

Bennoo, l-S7-l and Tino like this

ziwdnie.png

The only problem I am having, is that at the start of each new map, FPS will stutter really bad. It's like you need to run around the map to load it in.

I had the same issue when started to play it with 4gb ram. Couldn't even move on big maps. Yesterday I upgraded ram to 8gb and can confirm that difference is huge. It runs just as smooth as original cod4.

Doge likes this

hrgSXhi.png

I had the same issue when started to play it with 4gb ram. Couldn't even move on big maps. Yesterday I upgraded ram to 8gb and can confirm that difference is huge. It runs just as smooth as original cod4.

Yesss thanks for writing this. Going to get another 4GB stick at somepoint!!!

ziwdnie.png

I find it hard to believe that maps like downpour are chosen above maps like Broadcast, Killhouse, China town etc.That those 3 are not going to be in the game, just blows my mind, and makes me cry. And the lies about the dedicated servers. They are doing a good job ruining the remaster though. Such a nice concept, but then this... 

Doge likes this

I got answer from activision:

I am not sure what their interpretation is of dedicated servers. But on the FAQ they are still saying it should be in. Well seeing this answer, wrote them back that it is probably better to change it to No. 

https://support.activision.com/articles/en_US/FAQ/Call-of-Duty-Modern-Warfare-Remastered-FAQ  (here it says at question 15, yes)

=========================

Beste MystKrov,Met "dedicated servers" doelen we op servers die uitsluitend bedoeld zijn voor MWR.We ondersteunen geen mogelijkheid tot het zelfstandig opzetten van je eigen MWR server.Als je nog verder vragen hebt, hoor ik het graagJeroenThe Dreamer | Player SupportI dream and the world trembles.

Translation:

Dear Mystkrov,By "dedicated servers" we meant servers which are only for MWR. We do not support any possibility of  setting up your own MWR server.If you have more questions, feel free to ask.JeroenThe Dreamer | Player SupportI dream and the world trembles.

===========================

What a fraude. If anyone wants to help me with a good reply, feel free to ask 

New answer:

Beste Mystkrov,Ik zal tevens wat aanvullende informatie hierover geven, in theorie is de verbinding en zeker de latency of ping beter wanneer een aantal spelers die zich fysiek dicht bij elkaar bevinden beter dan wanneer er gecommuniceerd moet worden met een server die zich honderden kilometers verderop bevindt. Dit betekent dat als zich geen server dichtbij bevindt je structureel last hebt van een hoge latency/ping. Deze implementatie van matchmaking zorgt ervoor dat gemiddels genomen de latency/ping voor spelers lager is. Dat is mede de reden dat er gekozen is voor dit systeem.Vriendelijke groeten,Willem de V.Pilot of the Exodar | Player Support

Dear Mystkrov,

I will give some additional information. In theory is the connection and surely the latency/ ping better when players are physically close to each other, at least better when communicating with a servers few hundred kilometers away. That means that you will have a structural high ping/latency when there is no server close to you. This implementation of matchmaking ensures a average lower ping/latency for players, that is why we chose for matchmaking. 

=======================I sent as answer:I can understand that, although when I look at our (nN) servers, most of the players at least from around Europe also have a low ping/ latency. And because servers on the original version of the game can be selected based on ping, I think the system of dedicated servers will make a nice addition to the game. Ofcourse you want a lower average ping optimized for every one. But for the individual world parts, I think the ping will almost be as low as your matchmaking servers, at least for Europe and other countries with good internet infrastructure. Even when servers are a few hundred kilometers away. Besides that it might be an excuse for you to use your matchmaking system, but it still isnt what you have promised the players. On every single language of the FAQ (these differ btw) the question whether or not there will be dedicated servers in your game, it states: Yes. But that is false. There is none.And there is more, letting people create their own server settings and mods as in the original one, will increase the dynamic of the game. There are huge fan-made projects, and good anti-cheater systems and sites on the original version of the game. But no, now the remaster has a lot more differences in comparison to the original one. We can barely call it a remaster. 

JillyJill and Substanz like this
  • 2 weeks later...

Mw remastered is the biggest load of sh*t that was ever brought out

Meaning game really bugged its like your back on a console locked 91 fps

I vote need dedicated servers, so no locked fps and not just boring game modes,

Spec

I7 4790k

Rx 480

16bg corsair

250 evo ssd

3 tb hdd

Triton red wc

1000w corsair psu

I've never had an issue running any other game except this

Substanz likes this

4Os2zcH.png

Dedicated servers support is a must. On the other hand, not including those "Fan-made projects" on the official release is not a bad thing. Actually CoD4 came to the world naked, no mods. Communities all over the world made it the game it is today. What is another must is that they give the players a good way to create their own mods, make the game easy to mod. Just like CoD4.

6GB of ram needed? Are you kidding? I know its a remastered game.. But cmon... Textures doesn't seem to be that good, it looks like MW3. Its just more detailed than original... 

And I think Activision needs a terms glossary just with the phrase "Dedicated server" repeated a million times.

Scrappydoo likes this

No fancy image here. Don't ask why!