Do you love RTS games?

Hey nN! Since strategy games are one of my favorite game categories, I wanted to ask do you love RTS games? If so, which ones and do you still play that type of game genre?

Share your experiences in playing, strategy you used, funny moments, screenshots of your vast armies or your fails. It would be nice to know that there are RTS lovers like myself among you.

Have fun.

Mino, JillyJill and MAD eKs like this

I love RTS games, and also simulation games.

I played enourmous amounts of time on Cossacks !! European Wars, American Conquest, and Cossacks II : Napoleonic Wars

Now I mostly play Civilization V.

I played also  a lot the Warhammer 40k Dawn of War Series : Dark Crusade and SOulstrom, and DOW II

I always loved difficulty in these games. The most interesting for strategic purposes is for me Cossacks II : its gameplay is hard to apprehend, but it is very smart, and in multiplayer againt another hooman, it is splendid !

On Simulation games, I played hours on Sim City 3000, Sim City 4. Now I play a lot on Game Dev Tycoon, a fantastic game you should discover !

Puddingsbane likes this

I'm also a huge fan of Warhammer games. The lore is freaking awesome and the gameplay is insane good. From the 40K universe to just Warhammer universe with undead, dwarfs, mages and other fantasy RPG stuff.

For me it all started with Age Of Empires. That game is my favorite til this day, and I remember one time playing against the AI we used an enormous amount of troops. The population cap was maxed out so there was a ton of soldiers fighting on both sides but also we had a huge number of priests, and they have a power to convert the enemy soldiers to your side while yelling "WOLOLOLO". What I didn't know is that the AI had almost the same amount of priests as me, so in short the whole battle was priests yelling "WOLOLOLO" uncontrollably on both sides and troops just changing sides from blue to red XD. They were changing side so quickly they didn't even attack, I was laughing my ass off. Whole battle red, blue, red, blue, red, blue, red, blue with uncontrollable "WOLOLOLOLO" yelling. Comedy!

usually i don't play such type of games, but i will probably ;) always good to try something newand which game in your opinion is leader of this genre?

The leader? That is actually hard to answer. From my point of view the birth of Westwood Studios and Blizzard was the birth of RTS games. So Warcraft and Command & Conquer series are the forefathers of strategy games.

JillyJill likes this