Warhammer 40K: Dawn Of War III Announced!

http://cdn.wccftech.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/05/dawn-of-war-3-logo-635x357.jpg

The huge news hit the internet by storm as Relic Entertainment announced the third installment of their epic Warhammer 40K: Dawn Of War franchise. If you are a fanatic fan of Warhammer like I am, you are literally feeling that tingling sensation in all the right places of your body like I am right now. Some call it sexual arousal I call it bliss (if you'll excuse me for a second, ehmm!).

Release date is set to be in 2017 and that's all that is known about it for now. However, given we haven’t seen so much as a screenshot yet the 2017 date mentioned in the first press release shouldn't come as a surprise. It's a shame to wait, but given 2016 is already packed with great games - and great 40k games - it's nice to know there'll be something left for later on.

The big question coming with the announcement - would a third Dawn of War follow the model of the first’s large armies and control-point capture, the second’s hands-on tactics at squad-level, or reinvent itself once again? The answer is a little of all three. In the initial press release, Relic/Sega say that DoW3 will have "the epic scale of Dawn of War" combined with "the customization and elite heroes of Dawn of War II." They also mention larger units ("super-walkers") and weaponry ("giant orbital lasers") than we’ve seen in the games before, suggesting it’s doubling down on the increased scale. If you’re looking for a simple answer as to whether the game is closer to DoW1 or 2, the original is the answer, but it’s certainly shaping up as its own thing. You can say the gameplay will be something like Company Of Heroes.

While the overall strategy of a map will still be controlled by power generators and capture points, just as in the first game, massive units with unique special abilities are how DoW2 is brought into things. They're called elites, and in singleplayer will be collected and upgraded as you progress. They're meant to dominate battlefields single-handedly. Cover is also returning, but simplified so that squads of units capture areas, becoming more resistant to range fire but easier to clear out with assaults.

The trailer is epicness incarnate as you see the return of the Emperor's finest - The Blood Ravens squad, the mighty Eldar and the sheer power in numbers of the Green Skins/Orcs slaughter each other on the battlefield.

I hope you will enjoy this like I do and if you haven't played Warhammer 40K games you should start. Can't wait for the release :D