If you already playing COD4 from steam client, jump to step 5
1. Download and install Steam on your computer. It's free and easy, just follow on-screen instructions and fyi installer size is around 200mb.
2. Create and login into your steam account, again it's free and easy.
3. After logging into steam click library on top. Then in the bottom left, click + Add game > Add non-steam game. If you unable to find it use Games > Add non steam game to library from top of the steam client.
4. This will open a program selector. Click browse and select codmp.exe. Name can varies, just remember to select the COD multiplayer executable from your game installation folder.
5. Go to profile settings of your steam account and add prefix ^1 before your name, for example ^1 Ali
^1, ^2 .... ^9 are different color codes. ^1 is for Red and will make Ali appears red in-game. You can use multiple like that ^1 A ^6 l ^2 i
Go to steam library and you'll see codmp in your Steam library, click on that to open game page. then click on play game to test it. If it doesn't work try updating your game to the latest version by clicking Auto update on COD4 main menu (that happens to me once) there are dozens of videos explaining the process far better than me but if you need assistance feel free to ping me from my profile page here.
PS: I know it's a silly tutorial but people often ask me in-game about how to get colorful name and i just wants to redirect them to a nice place instead of google :D also I didn't find any better way to tell that Ali is the real name of 'A FOUR YEAR OLD' who plays regularly on Crossfire TDM. I used to make fun of him but today 'AGENT_X' told me that he is really his four year old kid. Just to add i think now he is 5yo and plays with the name 'A 5 YEARS OLD' :wear_some_smile: