Hi guys.

I hope everyone is doing fine.

Today i came back home from uni and found that my pc automaticaly started disk repair. It failed to resolve errors and now the pc wont boot. It just tries to run repair and fails everytime. I asked my brother if something happened, he told me that the electricity cut off while he was using my pc. Meaning that the pc was directly shutdown while running windows.

I tried google but the solutions are not working.

I thought i had system restore points but when i ran system restore it said that i had no system restore points.

I tried other fixes too, none of them are working.

So if any of you have any idea to fix this, i will be gratefull.

Thanks.

L8RKZiW.png

Try reconnecting your hard drive to one of the other sata ports then boot, If that does nothing reset CMOS then try booting. If that fails go to your BIOS and disable automatic restart after system failure, boot up your system and access the CMD and type the command "chkdsk /r c:", confirm with "Y" so when the system restarts it will  check your system drive for errors and try too fix them. And the last solution is there may have been some corruption with your BCD settings so access CMD again and write these ones: bootrec /fixmbr, bootrec /fixboot, bootrec /rebuildbcd. After the scans are done restart your pc and  let it repair your master boot record.

EDIT: forgot about the sfc/ scannow command, this one will replace all the corrupted system files with fresh ones

Try reconnecting your hard drive to one of the other sata ports then boot, If that does nothing reset CMOS then try booting. If that fails go to your BIOS and disable automatic restart after system failure, boot up your system and access the CMD and type the command "chkdsk /r c:", confirm with "Y" so when the system restarts it will  check your system drive for errors and try too fix them. And the last solution is there may have been some corruption with your BCD settings so access CMD again and write these ones: bootrec /fixmbr, bootrec /fixboot, bootrec /rebuildbcd. After the scans are done restart your pc and  let it repair your master boot record.

EDIT: forgot about the sfc/ scannow command, this one will replace all the corrupted system files with fresh ones

I have tried the bootrec.exe commands, it says access denied.

Chkdsk also doesnt work.

I will try the cmos reset method.

L8RKZiW.png

I wanted to know, will i have a problem with my games if i install new windows?

And also that option during windows setup "upgrade to a newer version(keep personal files etc) instead of the fresh install option. Does this option keeps all the files? I.e. Documents, savegames, programs etc?

I know google is a thing, i will also be searching on google.

L8RKZiW.png

I wanted to know, will i have a problem with my games if i install new windows?

And also that option during windows setup "upgrade to a newer version(keep personal files etc) instead of the fresh install option. Does this option keeps all the files? I.e. Documents, savegames, programs etc?

I know google is a thing, i will also be searching on google.

I always recommend a fresh install of windows over overwriting but if you want to keep your files  (I don't know if it will work with games and game files, there's a high chance you'll need to reinstall all of them inn order for them to work) sure you can do it. If you take that approach your old files, including your old windows files, will be located in a windows.old folder. Copy what you want to keep and delete the folder afterwards, clean your cache and registry of old files and update your new OS accordingly and use DDU software for drivers.

If you stumble on some problems feel free to write here again.

I always recommend a fresh install of windows over overwriting but if you want to keep your files  (I don't know if it will work with games and game files, there's a high chance you'll need to reinstall all of them inn order for them to work) sure you can do it. If you take that approach your old files, including your old windows files, will be located in a windows.old folder. Copy what you want to keep and delete the folder afterwards, clean your cache and registry of old files and update your new OS accordingly and use DDU software for drivers.

If you stumble on some problems feel free to write here again.

I tried the upgrade windows(keep old files option) but it failed here too saying that i need to run the setup from windows (in my case, windows not starting is the main problem) for the upgrade option.

Im pretty much sure there isnt any other option left other than fresh install.But listen here, i cant even install new windows. Fml.

My hard drive is mbr and bios is uefi.

L8RKZiW.png

Someone told me that i can convert bios to csm, then i would be able to install windows on mbr disk.

Idk much about csm/uefi bios and mbr/gpt disks, should i convert bios to csm?

you can try these commands over CMD: mbr2gpt /validate, mbr2gpt /convert

After that close the command prompt, choose turn off your pc option and leave it be. it will do the necessary things to convert your existing drive

EDIT: This is only possible if you are running windows 10 version 1703 and above just to make this clear

you can try these commands over CMD: mbr2gpt /validate, mbr2gpt /convert

After that close the command prompt, choose turn off your pc option and leave it be. it will do the necessary things to convert your existing drive

Oh sory i forgot to add that i cannot convert the disk because i have that drive in 2 partitions, 1 is for windows and i have data on the other partition including steam libraries. And converting the disk will erase all data on dism right?

L8RKZiW.png